formatForPrinting bug?

Dwayne Rothe drothe at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 16 02:39:41 EST 2005

Hi All,
Using the formatForPrinting handler in Win 9x/ME cause the app to quit.
Other Win OS are ok.
If I comment out "set formatForPrinting of this stack to TRUE" all works
fine on all Win OS.

The handler I am using is written below:
on printIt
set formatForPrinting of this stack to TRUE
answer printer --show print dialog
if hilite of btn "a4" of stack "printing" is TRUE then
print cd 1 of this stack into 0,0,595,842 --A4 (210mm x 297mm)
else
print cd 1 of this stack into 0,0,612,792 --Letter (8.5" x 11")
end if
close this stack
set formatForPrinting of this stack to FALSE
end printIt

This is not a major concern as all printing displays identical with or
without setting it!
However, this may be an issue with other printing preferences, property
settings e.t.c

Has anyone else experienced this crash?

Cheers Dwayne.....

p.s I am using Rev 2.51, I have not tested this with prior versions.