2.5.1 and HTTPS or SSL (was The Best just got Better)

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 00:31:59 EST 2005

Does this mean that to access any https URL I would have to spend 133 pounds
?
On Mac OSX this is a shell command and works with do cmd as applescript.
However... Rev (put line 1 of URL "https://someServerOutThere.com/" into
temp) does not work.
-->error cannot load SSL library<-- rev 2.5.1 (OSX 10.3.7)

The docs seem to say the OSX has the openssl as part of Panther, but I
cannot do a simple find and locate it.  Obviously I do not have it.

Bottom line issue is that I would like to make a small app to get a few
https urls and parse the pages and build a Windows version to do the same.

Have not been able to find anything that explains the limits/direction to
develop.  (I am an old Hypercard guy and not too savvy with all the
protocols, etc)

Thanks for the help.

On 3/9/05 12:12 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Heather Nagey wrote:
>
>> Among the many improvements are:
>>    *Tighter implementation of SSL
>
> This fixes a vulnerability.  Unless using only their own self-signed
> keys, those using 2.5 for HTTPS or SSL should upgrade.
>
> Dar

Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.