OSX Menu Mystery

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 10 10:39:31 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:35:29 +0100, Ludovic
Th?bault<ludovic.thebault at laposte.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:00:16 -0800, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> It may seem odd at first, but having spent many hours in meetings
>> with the SuperCard team many years ago when they were still planning
>> a Windows version, I must say that Scott Raney's solution -- once
>> grokked -- is a wonder of simplicity and automation for HIG-compliant
>> apps.
>
> And if you want translate menu, you need to change the label .
> But if the menu manager allows it, it would be more practical.

Ludovic, I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying, but I
am indeed interested in translating my apps - indeed every string and
menu name in my most recent app is set on startup in such a way that I
could switch languages by altering just one set of parameters. Are you
saying that for example, if I have in English a menu 'File' with an
item 'Quit',  when working with a French system, OSX/RR IDE would
expect me to change this to 'Fichier' with 'Quitter' to get the effect
described by Richard? I had assumed so, and I do not foresee a problem
here, but maybe I am wrong.

Graham