corrupt stack symptoms

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 23:38:52 EST 2005

I experienced a freeze a week ago but everything seemed fine after that
until today.  Suddenly today my script wouldn't compile and it flagged
as errors unchanged elements of my stack script.  After commenting out
those elements it flagged other unchanged element  one after another
including very simple elements (example below).  I could comment out
the whole script and it compiles but that's not very useful.  What
could cause this? if its a corrupted stack, are their any fixes? As
this is a substack, do I need to scrap everything and start fresh or is
there some method for determining the damaged elements?

Byron Turner

error message:
type 		 Handler: error in command
object	(stack script)
Line		On resizeStack
HInt		On

script:
on resizeStack
   set the right of group "my info" to  the width of me + 2
   set the top of group "my info" to  -1
   set the left of field "BlessedList" to (left of group "combat info" +
7)
   set the top of field "BlessedList" to (top of group "combat info" +
88)

   if the visible of group "my info" is true   then
     set the right of group "UserInfo" to  the width of me + 2
     set the top of group "UserInfo" to the bottom of  group "combat
info"   + 10
   else
     set the right of group "UserInfo" to  the width of me + 2
     set the top of group "UserInfo" to  -1
   end if

   pass resizeStack
end resizeStack