problem renaming/deleting files on other 'volumes' (OSX)

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Mar 9 17:58:03 EST 2005

Hi Terry,

This is probably a stupid question, but are you sure the file path is
correct?
If the drive is a networked drive, then the path has to be prefixed by
"/Volumes/". This may also be true for a directly connected non-boot
drive.

Have you tried getting "the result" after the delete command? That
might give a clue, especially if you use something like:
delete file myFilePath
if the result is not empty then answer error "Can't delete file " &
myFilePath & cr & the result

Cheers,
Sarah