XCMD's/XFCN's

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 9 17:43:55 EST 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
> JLG> I don't know of any established index, but in general all version 1.0
> JLG> XCMDs will work, and no 2.0-type XCMDs will work. Reports Pro relies on
>
> ...and keep in mind that XFCNs/XCMDs are *not* cross-platform...

And many of them are 68k-only, so they won't even run well on modern Macs.

FWIW, I've replaced more than two dozen externals with native Transcript
during app ports to Rev over the last several years.  We lost no
noticeable performance, and in many cases gained additional features
easily in addition to platform independence.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation