table formatting of text fields (delimiter #) braking foreign language sets

boehmisch at animabit.de boehmisch at animabit.de
Wed Mar 9 12:20:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I am just checking Runrev 2.21 for programming bible software with greek and hebrew.
The unicode support of revolution is fine, you can import hebrew and greek in the text fields with comfort,
but there seem to be some bugs.
Perhaps these have been removed in 2.5?

# as delimiter for tables in text field destroys foreign language support

If you set the table property of a text field you can not use foreign languages
(because Runrev internally uses the # sign as delimiter between the table columns
and this destroys the HTML entities for foreign languages in Unicode
which use # as entity sign:

=
?aµµa

This code will be immediately destroyed if using the table property of a runrev text field.
# as delimiter for tables in menu editor destroys foreign language support
The same seems to be in the menu editor (even the items of a menu item as part of a button property seem to use the # as delimiter
==> No foreign language sets like hebrew or greek can be used for menus.

==> Its a nonsense to use # as delimiter for special functions in text fields because its a very important character in HTML entitites.

I am a newb in Runrev - I ask you runrev experts to report this to the bugfix addresses when necessary.

Regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch
http://www.animabit.de