use-revolution Digest, Vol 18, Issue 30

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 01:19:55 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/8/05 9:44:35 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com

In a message dated 3/8/05 9:44:35 PM, Kevin J wrote:
>Ah Ok I see so its better to use revolution then.
   Maybe -- it depends on what your needs are. A standalone Rev app is, in
effect, a normal stack with the Rev engine spotwelded onto it; it's one file,
nothing extra to download or anything. But because it *does* have the engine
built in, it's going to be about 2 MB larger than if it was *just* a Rev stack.
So if you have a lot of stacks to distribute to your users, that 2-MB-per-stack
'overhead' might be a valid argument for going with Dreamcard, because *one*
engine -- the DC Player -- will take care of *all* the stacks. On the other
hand, if you're only going to distribute 1 (one) stack, a standalone might be
better because it's just *one* download rather than two.
   Hope this helps...