Export snapshot

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 00:22:02 EST 2005

On 3/7/05 8:52 PM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> Actually, if you only care about OS X, this will create a PDF for you:
>
> function stsMakePDF pSrcPath,pDestPath
> switch (the platform)
> case "MacOS"
>   if isOSX() then
>     set the cursor to watch
>     put "/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/convert" into tConvertApp
>     get shell(tConvertApp && "-f" && q(pSrcPath) && "-o" && q(pDestPath)
> && "-j application/pdf")
>     if it = "" then
>       return "OK"
>     else
>       return "Error : " & it
>     end if
>   else
>     return "Error : stsMakePDF only works on Mac OS X."
>   end if
>   break
> default
>   return "Error : stsMakePDF only works on Mac OS X."
>   break
> end switch
> end stsMakePDF
>
> function isOSX
> set the itemDel to "."
> return (item 1 of the systemVersion >=10)
> end isOSX
>
> function q what
> return quote & what & quote
> end q

Man you guys are smart. To adapt a line from one of my favorite movies, "You
guys are so far above me, I feel like a rope on the Goodyear blimp." ("What
About Bob" w/Bill Murray  A good laugh if you're a little twisted.

This did indeed make a pdf of my jpg. Another question-- is there a way to
set the page size in my scenario? The pdf open into an 8.5x11. This pdf is
going to be sent to a label printer (at my fulfillment center, so I don't
know what it will do or if it's a concern.)

Thanks Ken.

Marty Knapp