revCopyFile problems on OSX , shell or Applescript solution best?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 7 23:41:28 EST 2005

Ello - I've run into the occasionally/often? bemoaned problem where
revCopyFile fails under OSX. It seems to be particularly flakey in my
case as I'm copying the same set of files in and out of various folders
during testing of an app I'm developing.

Searching the archive revealed suggestions along the lines of using
applescript to tickle the folder using 'update folder' and various
shell scripts. Can someone who's already 'been there' suggest the best
solution? Ideally one that maintains resource forks etc. as revCopyFile
is supposed to.

Thanks in advance,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA