ftp puzzler.

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 13:23:42 EST 2005

humpf,

I have a script that ftp's a few files up to my anonymous ftp space. This
works OK on my Mac G3, but the same script and destination path fails under
WinXP with a 'socket not open' error message. My script uses
LibURLFtpUpload, but I've also tried that and put and get from the message
box with no success.

I can ftp OK on the XP machine using my ftp client, I can do http and post
transactions from within rev, but anything from rev involving ftp seems to
fail. I'm no comms expert, but AFAIK there's nothing unusual about the ftp
server and the Windows firewall setup is plain vanilla.

This is in RR 2.1.2

Working on Mac only is OK in the short term, but I'll need this to work on
windows too ultimately.

Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Martin Baxter