altBrowser application

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sun Mar 6 09:13:51 EST 2005

> I created a standalone altBrowser executable, what I would like to do is
> have the user run the executable right off by clicking on the
> executable. Now I read in the documentation that the altBrowser.dll
> needs to be in the same directory as the executable. Is there a way to
> include and let run to say the altBrowser.dll inside the executable
> without having to drop the dll onto the PC ?

You mean like how externals were treated with HyperCard, they were stored in
the resource fork?  To my knowledge with Windows standalones, no.  I do
believe for your Rev standalone to recognize the DLL, it has to be in the
directory that you specify.

So yeah, you have to put it into the same folder as your standalone.  Oh,
judging by your email address...do you reside in Wisconsin?

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/