Resume Next?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Mar 4 13:04:14 EST 2005

Ken Ray wrote:

>On 3/4/05 8:05 AM, "N" <nnoydb at excite.com> wrote:
>

>>Prefered Behavior:
>>
>>function doIt a
>>
>>  try
>>    something 1, 2 ,3 , 4
>>    something1 a, b,c
>>  catch e
>>    if e is not "123" and e is not "1234" then throw e
>>    resume next
>>  end try
>>
>>End function
>>

>This looks like it should work as you wrote it... does it *not* work? If so,
>what results do you get?

It would work as it should, but not as he wants.

If an error "123" occurs while executing "something", this will take the
"catch" code path, and send a resume message to the current card
(assuming I'm reading the docs on resume properly).

What he *wants" is for execution to continue at the next statement in
the code section in which the error occurred - i.e. resume executing at
"something1 a, b, c".

[ It's confusing that "resume" is the word used for this in some other
languages, but already has a completely different meaning within Rev ]