cgi scripting for Miva

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 17:08:51 EST 2005

On 3/2/05 1:36 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> One method would be to have a copy of the order emails sent to a
> separate mailbox, and then make a mail client with Rev that will get the
> mail, parse the messages and respond as you like.
Sorry for my ignorance :) but could such a Rev mail client intercept these
emails, say once a day, without interaction on my part?

> But perhaps simpler would be to modify the XML of whatever Miva
> component is currently the closest match to what you need.  The Miva
> scripting language is pretty flexible and sometimes kinda fun, so it
> could be customized with a little effor (provided, of course, that the
> vendor of the Miva module distributes a non-compiled version, or can
> make one available for you).

There are two modules, one by Copurnicus called FULCUSTON and one by Truxoft
called XML Fulfilment. I think they both provide a "standard" xml format and
I know Copurnicus sells an add-on to tinker with the xml. Copurnicus
mentions in their docs that their program could be linked to a user-provided
cgi for further processing.

I've never done any cgi scripting, so I'm wondering if I have the goods to
put this together. It would be worth some effort, though, so that I'm not
having to babysit this every day.

Thanks for any more input!

Mart