Dumb questions about POST

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Tue Mar 1 04:08:49 EST 2005

Hi list,

Once data has been submitted to a server via a
POST command, is it always necessary to wait
for the answer in the it variable before continuing
the script ?
I know it is safer to do so (in case anything goes
wrong), but when the task done by the cgi script
(I'm using Rev cgi) is always the same (update of
data) and is 100% bug free, and if it doesn't really
matter if anything goes wrong, simply because a
similar post will be sent a few seconds later ?
In such a case, could I skip to check the it variable
and just go on with the rest of the script ?

And BTW, what does happen to the value returned
by the server ? Does it remain in the it variable until
its content is replaced by some further line of script ?

And last but not least : does every cgi script need to
return a value ?

Thanks,
JB