Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor AND Endless ranting and rude insults AND other points

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Jun 30 22:02:04 EDT 2005

Thomas,

Please turn your sensitivity knob down two notches and stop stirring
up the pot.  My comments were not meant to insult or be rude to
anyone, and in rereading them, I can't see that they are, but you
have labeled them so.  You are actually inciting more discussion and
rudeness than you are preventing.  I am only trying to provide
helpful suggestions for how to separate one generic type of
discussion from another for the benefit of the people who come to
this list to get the very helpful and appreciated advice of the "old
hands".  Dwelling on an individuals opinion and reading into it
something that may or may not have been intended as disrespectful has
promoted more controversy than it warrants.  My delete key has been
overly active on this thread already --I like to keep the most
helpful messages for future reference in my mail folder after I have
filtered out the irrelevant ones to improve future searches.

Extraneous BZ improvement suggestions that are not well thought out,
or could be handled in some other reasonable way are a waste of
RunRev's limited resources to sort through and make responses.
Intelligent discussion in a list with interested users is a useful
way of making the best suggestions.

As I said, I think it is reasonable for the high end "Professional"
license purchasers to discuss improvements in their own exclusive
thread, and having a thread for that, are less inclined to bring that
thread into this thread.  Just a statement of fact, but using less
words, because of my slow typing skills.

> So there are two choices, continue on in unproductive mud slinging
> and snide rude remarks and insults or let this dead horse lie and
> get back to the business at hand.

Don't feel you have to reply to opinion portion of this message, I am
content to leave it at that.

Dennis