Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor AND Endless ranting and rude insults AND other points

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 30 20:36:29 EDT 2005

The problem is that the discussions turned into insults and rude
comments and they are still going on. The new traffic on the list is
great and the help that this list offers is beyond any list I have ever
seen. But when an intelligent discussion falls into rude comments being
thrown at the "old timers", "old hands", "rich people" who are too busy
"having their own pow wow" or "are used to it and expect others to get
used to it" or what ever other snide comments people can come up with
then it is no longer a productive discussion and is wasting an awful
lot of list space which is normally used in helping people.

So there are two choices, continue on in unproductive mud slinging and
snide rude remarks and insults or let this dead horse lie and get back
to the business at hand.

Bugzilla does work ( if your bug is not voted on may others find
different bugs more important to them) and Rev does pay attention to
both this list and the improve list and BZ. The comments from Mark
recently show just that. There are all kinds of bug fixes going on as
we speak and Rev has committed to an increase in those bug fixes and
bug fix releases.

Tom

On Jun 30, 2005, at 8:17 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

> We can always put requests into BZ, but I believe an intelligent
> discussion should proceed that action, and that only those who are
> interested should be subjected to the additional traffic.  Perhaps it
> is time for an improve-list for the rest of us.   The discussions will
> happen anyway --if not there, then here.

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems