Find and Replace again

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Jun 30 19:28:49 EDT 2005

I was hoping for a final clarification and consensus regarding
command-F "Find and Replace." The thread died before I got on.

I read various reports of "Find and Replace" speed in version 2.5.1. Oh well...

Not wishing to be tedious -- Is there consensus that "Find and
Replace" in version 2.6.x is as fast as the CPU allows? In other
words, as fast as the "find" command, on the same search in the same
stack?

I'm reluctant to download 2.6 and try it, having read reports of
2.5.1 stacks that don't work right after running on 2.6. Maybe that's
all fixed now. Not sure. So many topics every day. I'm still cautious
about premature upgrades.

Thanks,

Tim