SPAM

Jerry J jhj at jhj.com
Thu Jun 30 15:10:09 EDT 2005

Stephen,
I get the digest, and here's how the header ofyour last message looks
to me, with your address in the clear:

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:40:34 -0500
> From: Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
> Subject: Re: SPAM
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

Fixing that would be a Good Thing, but there's no help for the larger
problem: Anybody who has sent you off-list email using that address
from a Windows machine has to be ever-vigilant with protection against
spyware/malware. Its even worse if you are in their M$ address book.

This will make you feel better: My server bounces about 250 per _hour_
that are to my domain but not my username. I run Spamfire on my mac and
it takes out another 300-400 per day. I only have to toss about 30 per
day that get through all that. Mail.app would catch nearly all of
those, but its just as easy for me to zap 'em in Spamfire.

Just be glad you didn't pick a keyboard finger-twiddle for a domain
like I did, back when the internet was a nice place and it was sort of
cool to have a short domain name.

Onward,
Jerry Jensen