TAOO

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Jun 30 00:20:41 EDT 2005

Hi Marielle,

Interesting - i was quite amazed at the "directness" of that quote! You
could term TAOO a design pattern by definition using that defenition.

But... Given the object-associative nature, it's hard to coin as just a
pattern since the associative and object approach are themselves a bit
different due to the RunRev environment.

Another similarity is Templates (like in C++). But it's only a keyword and
the real definitions are quite different in C++ or TAOO. The principles
remain the same but the use differs.

In TAOO, classes are Types. Objects can be anything, but in general an
object is a data record among a group (type or template) of objects.

There's are classes and libraries just like in most languages and each has a
pattern and exceptions. One big difference is how Rev works since the
"objects" dont have to be programmed and this makes a lot of short-cuts
compared to other languages leaving lots more opportunities to leverage
higher functions (like for a table field).

Hope that clears that ;)

cheers
Xavier