file name or dir changed from the desktop

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Thu Jun 30 06:13:34 EDT 2005

Hello,
     I'm wondering if there is an established procedure for dealing with
this situation.

1.) the user opens a stack file
2.) the user leaves the app (with the file still open), goes to the
desktop and manually changes the file name (or directory)
3.) the user returns to the app and saves the file

For me, this results in a new file with the original name  being
created since I haven't discovered a way to learn what the new file
name (or directory) is.

Although changing the file name of an open file seems like a bad idea,
I'm sure one of my users will do it and then get confused when their
newly named file doesn't contain the most recent changes.   I noticed
that Appleworks 6 (OSX) doesn't have a problem with the file name being
changed.

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)