compileIt for revolution?

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 29 13:24:34 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:
> First off, thanks for your help.

Not a problem.

> Secondly, why convert it to C?  I have already written it in
> Delphi/Pascal.  The whole point was to make something that was
> cross-platform.  If you create an external on your platform (Window?
> Mac), would it automatically work on the other platforms?

The external I make would be for Windows, but I hope releasing the
source will allow someone on another platform to port the code.

As far C, it's the only way I know how to make image commands and
functions for Revolution that are fast enough to consider using in
commercial applications.

> Thirdly, the code I wrote is not at ALL how I wrote it in Delphi: the
> extra loops to transfer the image data to the R/G/B arrays were not
> necessary in Delphi (and perhaps not in Rev!).

If it's possible to convert Delphi to a Rev External then that would be
a solution, but I know nothing about Delphi.

> Speaking of which, would a new feature for Rev, like
>
> "repeat for each pixel in imagedata..." be one way to speed image
> processing up?
>
> be helpful for anyone else?

I think it would be helpful, but still rather slow.  Submit it as an
enhancement on RevZilla.  If people want it they will vote for it.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software