Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Wed Jun 29 07:08:57 EDT 2005

Chipp:

I'm slightly annoyed at the auto-format feature (<tab> key), because it
does not support my particular and unconventional style, but I accept that.

I'm much more frustrated with what I see as the buggy way the
auto-indent feature works.  It gets in the way more often than it helps,
and I've seen better UIs that do not get in the user's way.

Perhaps we should distinguish between the two features.  I think that
Bob and I are more concerned about the auto-indent feature

Maybe we need an auto-auto-format feature, where the <tab> key is
pressed for us, behind the scenes, after each key stroke <sick grin>

Jon