Endless ranting and rude insults

Scott Kane soctt at proherp.com
Wed Jun 29 01:20:09 EDT 2005

> I too would much rather hear about
> overcoming issues and creative ways
of getting things accomplished. I love
> the fact that people share their
> hard won victories and share the stacks
> so I can really learn from
> them. What a great list to be a part of.

I agree.  The Rev community (the developers
using Rev) don't take them selves as seriously
as other languages - by that I mean they aren't
jumping on newbie's and telling them to RTFM. Common
with Delphi, C++, Visual Basic etc.

> Thanks also for pointing out the positive side of what you and I get
> from this list. In the end I always seem to get more than I give.

*When* I get the database side if things working the way I want
I intend to post the basics for people to use.  I am yet to
see a big database project in Rev (though I would love to), so
I hope to pay back what I've learned by sharing.  Could take a
while though...  :-)

> Lately my hopes have been to use Rev to pursue my dream of being
> independent. I would like to get out from under the company I work for

> although I do enjoy a lot of the work I do for them. The problem is
> that it is for them. They get rich, I make a living. I would love to
> use Rev to turn that around. This list has been a driving force in
that
> area.

That's an admirable goal.  I write software for a living (working for
myself) for just on ten years now (worked for ICL and Fujisu as a
programmer
before that) and intend to reach the next level which is cross-platform
development.  I'm keen to see Rev achieve that for me.  :-)

Scott Kane