Endless ranting and rude insults

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 29 00:26:14 EDT 2005

I for one am getting very annoyed at the constant ranting and raving
lately and especially the snide and rude remarks. I try to assume since
there are many non-english speaking people or ones with whom english is
not their first language on the list that sometimes it might just sound
rude but not really be rude because of the language translations. But
there are a couple of people that have been just plain rude. Insulting
"the whole list" and accusations that 'real programmers would never
work this way" or " I am used to decent tools" etc.
I am also getting fed up with the references to "better" programs and
or languages like Pascal, FORTRAN, VB, Delphi, Java, or Word. If they
are so great then I must ask "Why are these people here?" , "Why not
just go back to these 'superior' products/languages?"

I am trying to learn Transcript and could care less about these other
languages. I am trying to become proficient with Transcript not with VB
or Delphi. I do mind about how Rev progresses and grows and I for one
don't want it influenced by these other languages or programs at all.
Instead of saying that we all should change because these people don't
like it or are not used to it, I suggest rather that these people learn
to adapt to this far superior way of 'simple' coding style instead of
wasting so much list space with all this nonsense.

Now maybe I am just having a bad day and maybe not, but I think some of
this is going too far.

Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.8, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.5

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net