Arrrgghh -- Find and Replace

Jim Bufalini YourSignup at Yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 20:47:00 EDT 2005

Sara or Chipp,

The link to the patch .../2005-February/050697.html is broken. Is there a
new link? By the way, that a GREAT search function. I was using the one in
the script editor and was having to memorize which scripts to search. Big
time and human memory saver! Now if I could just learn the  best ways to use
the debugging features... Hmmm, what will I do with all the extra time!

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com]On Behalf Of Sarah
Reichelt
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 2:34 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: Arrrgghh -- Find and Replace

> Several times in the last few days, I have typed command-f, the
> word I want to search for, and return, before I realized that I was
> unintentionally using the "find and replace" window. A couple of
> other checkboxes were checked off, in addition to "field text," and
> the stack was not small. I had time to brew a pot of tea, preheat
> the oven, and bake a dozen cookies before it was done searching, so
> I could resume the work I was hurrying to finish on time. :-( (My
> computer isn't all that fast -- a 466 mhz G4 -- but it isn't
> normally a slowpoke, either. A conventional find is plenty fast.)

There is a bug in the Find & Replace when used on fields. Chipp has
posted a fix and you can find the details here:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-February/
050697.html>

It really doesn't take long and normally the Find button becomes a
Stop button when searching, but I think in this case, it doesn't even
start searching.

HTH,
Sarah

preferences: