Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Jun 28 20:03:47 EDT 2005

>  >
>>  > We could argue all month about style but
>>

>As I said "We could argue all month about style " and, knowing this list, we
>will.
>Putting "end" in line with the statements is inconsistent with the standard
>xTalk way of handling handlers:

Well, not much to argue really. In C, there are at least 3 major (as
in popular) ways of positioning braces to mark the blocks. So it is
quite normal that newcomers to Rev bring their habits and preferences
with them. But just like they (I mean you guys) have to get used to
xTalk syntax, they (you) will get used to a bit different indenting
of blocks and layout of code.

Having 'end if' aligned with 'if' and 'else' is quite logical, if one
thinks about it. After all, that 'end' ends that block. Braces give a
totally different optical effect and C does not require to have each
in a separate line.

Real bugs in editor are a different story. I wonder whether they are
reported in Bugzilla. Newcomers surely are more likely to find some
bugs since we the oldtimers learned to use the editor in a 'safe' way
over the years.

Robert