Post comand

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 28 19:20:19 EDT 2005

Devin Asay asked me to post this for him, as he is having trouble
sending to the list (I suspect the new IP hasn't propagated to his
provider yet.)

He can read your responses, so fire away.

========= From Devin: =========

I need to send some data to a php page on a web server, just a short
string like "abc2". I've read all I can find on the post command in  the
documentation, but can't figure out how to format the data so the  php
script will read it.

My stack:
contents of fld "uid": "abc2"
(I also tried [ name="netid" value="dna3" ] as the value of the  field.
Sans the [].)

the post button script:
on mouseUp
   post urlencode(fld "uid") to url fld "urlText" -- also tried  without
urlencode
   set the htmltext of fld "returnedText" to it
end mouseUp

The result returned makes it obvious that the php script executed,  but
never received the value "abc2".

FWIW, the php script (one I wrote, that works when I hard code
everything) uses the $POST_[value name here] format to grab the data.  I
am a neophyte in php land, but have used this method successfully  in
the past to pass values from html forms.

There are no clear examples of how to do this in the docs, and the  list
archive at http://lists.runrev.com seems to be offline at the  moment.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University