Suggestion for correcting the IDE's script editor

Jim Bufalini YourSignup at Yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 17:33:50 EDT 2005

As a newcomer, I may as well add my 2-cents here.

1. A global (not global variables but across the main stack and sub-stacks
or, at least, one stack) find/search/replace function would be extremely
useful, given that script can be in objects, cards, libraries, the stack,
etc.

As a newcomer especially, you suddenly discover a new and better way to do
something and want to revisit where you did it another way (I know this
violates the first rule of programming "If it works, don't touch it."), but
it's the way I learn. But, I can't remember everywhere it is.

2. Debugging is not intuitive. Is there a tutorial on debugging, including
how to use the features of the msg box? Variable watching (for example can
you watch undeclared local variables?). Also, is it just that I don't know
what I'm doing or does that msg box not display array contents? All I get is
OK.

Jim