[ANN] Property List Table version 4.1

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Tue Jun 28 14:09:42 EDT 2005

All,

Properties of Objects Version 4.1 is a quick reference guide for both
showing which built-in properties are returned by the "properties"
property for each type of object and quickly indexing into the
Revolution Transcript Dictionary stack to display the definitions.
You can download it from my RevOnline user area (see3d).  It was
pointed out to me that it should contain a help file, so now it has one.

V4.1 now includes an about and help screen.

I should also point out the the "properties" property does not
include every possible property for an object, just the important
ones that are required to define the object (i.e., to make a clone).
It does not include properties that are extracted or covered other
properties (e.g., top is extracted from rectangle).  I have toyed
with the possibility of making a Properties of Transcript stack that
includes every property in the dictionary including globals.  It is
just a matter of creating the data for the custom property in the
stack, but the list of properties is so large that without a way to
organize them in meaningful groups, I'm afraid the utility of this
simple stack would be lost.  Doing all that would be a much larger
undertaking.  However, Jerry Daniels is doing such great things with
his Gadget series of tools, that I am inclined to see how far he
takes these ideas for Constellation before doing more on them myself.

Dennis