Tiger breaks hyperCard?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 28 11:46:50 EDT 2005

Hi Todd and Jim,

To be more precise, I was told that you can't install an OS 9.2.2
system folder on any partition where Tiger (or any OS X system) is
already installed.
It does not work: OS 9 must be installed first or installed on
another disk or partition...
At the very worst you have to backup, erase your Tiger disk, make an
OS 9  clean install (just copying an existing system folder is
risky :-) and a Tiger clean install on top :-(
Then when you see the hard disk prices at the moment, it might be a
better solution to buy an external firewire one...

Le 28 juin 05 à 01:22, Todd Higgins a écrit :

> This is true.  New machines do not ship with the Classic System
> Folder.  But If you have an existing Macintosh you can just copy
> the System Folder over.
>
> Todd
>
> On Jun 27, 2005, at 6:34 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>

>> I had heard, from a distance source, that a new Mac with Tiger
>> installed will not necessarily include classic. Anybody know
>> whether this is true?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software