connecting to a remote mySQL database

Ton Kuypers tkuypers at pandora.be
Mon Jun 27 06:23:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've seen this come by on this list, but I can't seem to remember the
solution to the problem.

When connecting from rev to a mySQL database (4.1.9) I keep on
getting the error "Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client".
I've used the mySQL Administrator to check the "Use old passwords"
checkbox in the security tab of the startup variables, but no
success, the error remains...

The error occurs when connecting from a windows RR to localhost as
well as when connecting from a OS-X RR to the IP Address.

Anyone any advice on how to connect to mySQL 4.1.x?

many thanks in advance,

Ton Kuypers
Digital Media Partners bvba
Tel. +32 (0)477 / 739 530