Internet file transfer

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jun 26 19:08:08 EDT 2005

> Our software needs to transfer 1-2 MB files to and from a dedicated
> server on a regular basis (generally 5-10 times per hour for any
> given user). The connection is always via DSL or cable modem, but
> reliability is still critical. If a file transfer should be
> interrupted for any reason and not complete, we need to know this
> and restart it repeatedly until it's successful.

I use libURLftpUploadFile with a callback message for when the upload
is finished and a repeated handler to check the URLstatus.

When finished, I get the FTP directory listing and compare the size
of the uploaded file to the size locally and if they are not the
same, or if the URLstatus ever contained the word "error", then I
know something has gone wrong and I need to try again.

HTH,
Sarah