Internet file transfer

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sun Jun 26 18:50:02 EDT 2005

Our software needs to transfer 1-2 MB files to and from a dedicated
server on a regular basis (generally 5-10 times per hour for any given
user). The connection is always via DSL or cable modem, but reliability
is still critical. If a file transfer should be interrupted for any
reason and not complete, we need to know this and restart it repeatedly
until it's successful.

We've been testing various methods to accomplish this transfer,
including:

get URL / put URL
libURLftpUpload
libURLftpUploadFile / libURLDownloadFile
libURLSetStatusCallBack
load / unload

Haven't use Open Socket, Close Socket, Write To Socket and Read To
Socket yet.

I'm looking for suggestions on the most reliable way to transfer these
files and to know the transfer was successful. Speed is not critical...
we're getting adequate performance with any of these methods.

It doesn't matter a great deal whether the transfer happens in the
foreground or background (i.e. blocking or non-blocking), but in almost
all cases, our program will need to wait for the transfer to complete
before the next task can be performed.

Thanks a great deal for help with this.

Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies