How to put a dash in front of a menu item

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Sun Jun 26 15:55:35 EDT 2005

Hi all

Still working/improving my demo of a textMenu. It's almost ready.
I can now  also increase/decrease textsizes. Lighten/darken
is just a snap away (it's the same as increase/decrease
with a slight twist) and the menu displayscorrectly all attributes.

There is just one thing I'd like to add to it: putting a dash in front
of a menu(item).

Is there a way I can achieve this?

This way the user could see if a selection has mixed attributes
or if it's all the same.  The way I found in the documentation, and
after some tests (like putting a \ in front of the "-" which does'n't
give quite the desired effect. ) it doesn't work.

As far as I discovered we can put a checkMark or a diamond in front of
a menu but not a dash. I hope I am wrong, am I?

In case we indeed, can't put a dash in front of a menu, wouldn't this
be a usefull enhanchement? Should I, in a yet to figure out way, post
this
as a request?

All best wishes
Claudi