Additive Images

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Jun 24 18:41:17 EDT 2005

Chipp & Alejandro,

Thanks so much for the quick help.  I'm not sure I explained
well enough what it is that I'm looking to do.

I'm not talking about one opaque image on top of another so
that parts of the third image overlays the second, and the second
one overlays part of the first.

I'm also don't think I'm talking about blending the three images so
much either.

Let's say for example that the pixel at 20,19 on the first image is
red with a brightness
of 26, and the second image contains the same shade of red at a
brightness of 24 at
pixel 20,19, and the third image contains blue at pixel 20,19 at a
brightness of 34.

Adding the data of the first two red pixels should give me a
brightness of 50 red and
then adding in the blue pixel should make the resulting pixel
somewhat purple red
with a brightness of 84.  At least that's how I'm thinking it would
work.  Additive images.

I still have to look into the stacks more in depth you've provided
for me.

Thanks again!

Rick