ANN Daily Crytoquote--my misspelling

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 14:04:22 EDT 2005

Jim,

A suggestion: In your application, put the crypted version in uppercase and the
uncrypted version in lower case. Studies shows that it is easier to recognize
words when they are in the usual (lowercase) format.

(Besner, D., Davelaar, E., Alcott, D., & Parry, P. (1984). Wholistic reading of
alphabetic print: Evidence from the FDM and the FBI. In L. Henderson (Ed.),
Orthographies and reading: Perspectives from cognitive psychology,
neuropsychology, and linguistics (pp. 121-135). London: Erlbaum.)

Also, I couldn't figure out how to take a letter out. I dropped and dragged and
dropped a B, randomly, but I was unable to move it around, afterwards, or put
it back in the set of unused letters (didn't try long, though).

Marielle