matchChunk to find fontNames

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 23 05:10:36 EDT 2005

Hi Claudi,

You are on the right track... but you need to tune your regular expressions a
bit.

Problem 1: $ means end of the line (not end of the chunk)

Problem 2: \" works with perl and unixy languages. I found it not to work with
revolution. I usually use "<font face=" & quote & ". Possibly "\"" is ok in the
most recent versions.

Info: sometimes, it's a better strategy to list the characters that you don't
want rather than the characters that may occur. For this use [^], where ^ means
none of the single character that follows.
(replace each _\"_ with _" & quote & "_ if this doesn't work)

>Some fontNames have spaces or - in theire name but if I add them to the
>regex like in the above example
>the end goes on to far like: Stone Sans OS ITC TT-Bold"
>color="#FF0000">zeker</font> . . .   . . . etc

>I tried to change the regex part with a $ at the end so it should stop
>at the ">" char.
   matchChunk(tText, "(<font face=\"[A-z\- ]+\">$)", tStart, tEnd)