compileIt for revolution?

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Wed Jun 22 17:15:46 EDT 2005

If you are mostly writing for yourself, you can, of course, use RR to
produce a nice GUI, but pass all the time critical computations to, say
Matlab (or Octave, Matlab's GNU equivalent) using the shell commands.
But then, if that were the case, why not just use Matlab (or Octave)
directly?  Incidentally, Smile (the free Applescript program writer)
has a brilliant math library (OSAX) attached to it that can be called
from RR <http://www.satimage.fr/software/en/index.html>.

BTW, APL was my first programming language, too!  Perhaps that is why I
tend to think of solutions in matrix linear algebra.

--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor