[ANN2] Correction Patch for Rev 2.6 Answer Dialog

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jun 22 17:11:14 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your kind words.
Two kinds of "bugs" have to be considered:
The first ones come from the engine: we can't do anything except to
go to bugzilla :-(
The second ones are IDE issues as "was" the Answer Dialog bug, any
problem with the property palettes, scripts, preferences and much more.
A bug like the Answer Dialog one is very annoying since such a stack
may have to be included in stand alones. So it's a bug for the end
user too :-(
Other ones are "less" annoying since they "only" affect the
programmer...
It's the reason why I took the time to write this little patch: only
a line to put out of a conditional structure and your world is
beautiful again ;-)

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 22 juin 05 à 22:41, Éric Miclo a écrit :

> Hello Eric,
>
> Thanks for your work, it's far more usable now :-)
>
> Now? I'm waiting for other corrections of bugs. I consider it
> should be up to Runtime to squash them and not to let bugs staying
> around for a while (I don't speak for that specific bug, Mark tried
> to provide a patch that didn't fully correct the problem).
>
> I find Revolution is a great tool and for that reason I'd like it
> to approach perfection.
>
> Best regards,
>
> ÉrIC
>
> Le 22 juin 05 à 10:24, Eric Chatonet a écrit :
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> This morning (GMT time), I posted the following mail to the list:
>>

>>> Lately, I followed the thread about the Answer dialog weird
>>> behaviour with Rev 2.6.
>>> In fact, the dontwrap of the field displaying the prompt is
>>> sometimes set (leaved) to false: this depends on the width of the
>>> window or the width of the buttons set.
>>> So, I wrote a correction patch:
>>>
>>> Just paste in the message box:
>>> go url "http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/downloads/AnswerPatch26.rev"
>>> And enjoy :-)
>>>
>>> cc to Runtime Revolution Support for information.
>>>

>> Heather replied me quickly asking me to post the patch stack on
>> Rev Online.
>> So I did it:
>> Now, the stack patch is also available on Rev Online (user: So
>> Smart Software - category: Utilities)
>>
>> Best Regards from Paris,
>>
>> Eric Chatonet.

So Smart Software