revCopyFile under Tiger

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Wed Jun 22 14:59:51 EDT 2005

Here's an stupid thing that I'm hoping someone can help with.

When using revCopyFile under 10.4.1, I'm getting the annoying sound
that plays whenever you move/copy a file or folder to another
location in the Finder.  In my opinion, revCopyFile should not play
that sound, but I'm sure it does just cause it uses system services
to do the copy.

Anyone found a way to make that sound not play?  Preferably without
having to disable something in the OS.  What I'm doing is making a
little backup utility, and copying files like that with that sound
playing possibly hundreds of times is going to be *really* annoying,
to say the least.

Using Rev 2.6, btw.

Thanks,
Chris