Principles for User-Interface Design

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Jun 22 13:19:05 EDT 2005

I especially got a kick out of reading what he had to say about
user-configurable UIs and MS Word 6 for Mac.

Basically, his take was that user-configurable UIs are a TERRIBLE idea
but, that in the case of Word 6 for Mac, the UI was already such a total
piece of crap that anything that a user could do to "screw it up" with
custom configuration could only be a step up.

;-)

Judy