Mac vs PC .csv files

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Jun 22 11:07:47 EDT 2005

Good day to everyone,

I have been ask by a friend on a PC to send him some files in .csv
format.  When I do, he complains that the returns are missing.  I
guess I am still a bit unclear on this difference between platforms.
As I understand it the Mac uses LF for a delimiter, and the PC uses
CR.   When I end the lines with return, it does not end up as a CR in
the output file.  Is there a simple way to specify an end to my lines
that is compatible with all platforms for .csv files that are read by
programs other than Rev?

Thanks,
Dennis