Images in Customproperties

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 22 00:35:23 EDT 2005

Recently, Glen Bojsza  wrote:

> I have managed to set an image from a card into a customproperty.
>
> set the Antennas[Site] of image "map" to image "tower"
>
> But I can't figure how to place it on another card? I am hpoing that
> if you can place the image on another card or stack that it will
> contain all of the image's information and customproperties.
>
> Or is this not a viable solution?

I might be wrong, but if I understand what you're trying to do, I believe
you need to assign the properties and imageData of your target object
separately.  For example:

  set the uImageContent of img "map" to img "tower"
  set the customKeys of img "map" to the customKeys of img "tower"

This should place the imageData of image tower into the custom property
"uImageContent" of image map (and preserve any alphaData present in image
tower).  To then apply the image to another image, you simply put the
property into a new image object:

 put the uImageContent of img "map" into myImgObject

The cool thing about this technique is it allows you to establish a single
image object with multiple image references.  A good example is a digit in a
timer which contains all the number images 0 to 9 stored as custom
properties.  To update the timer, you successively put it's stored digit
information into itself: put the digit0 of img timer into img timer.

Or is this not what you want?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director