Downloading an update for a running stack

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Tue Jun 21 18:10:52 EDT 2005

A while ago I got a tip to use the 'revert' command to update a running stack. Somehow it doesn't seem to work. I'm wondering if the "closestack" message is being sent. (My stack has a "Save stack" command in its closestack.

Here's what my script does:
download the stack from the web
unzip it to the right location (should replace the original)
revert

I'll check it again later, but I'm pretty sure that's it. Should I include something like "Lockmessages" ? Or perhaps rework my closestack script?

thanks
tom