Synchronization of buttons to a scrolling field

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Jun 21 15:25:13 EDT 2005

At 12:09 PM -0400 6/21/2005, Glen Bojsza wrote:
>I was wondering if it was possible to synchronize a group of
>horizontal buttons to the horizontal scroll bar of a field.
>
>So as you scroll the field , the row of buttons above the field scroll
>with the same relationship?

Sure. The easiest way to do this is to turn off the field's
hScrollbar, and put both field and buttons in a group with a single
horizontal scrollbar. That way, the relationship is maintained
automatically because all the contents of the group - field and
buttons - scroll together.

(When you create this group, you'll need to expand the field width to
its maximum width, because it will no longer have an independent
scrollbar of its own - so the field will probably be wider than the
card. You should also set the lockLoc of the group to true, to lock
its size; otherwise, every time you display the card, the group will
expand to fit its contents.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com