About the answer dialog

Éric Miclo eric.miclo at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 21 16:47:19 EDT 2005

Hello Dan,

The first time I reported the problem it was in a specific case that
the prompt wasn't wrapped.
Mark did provide a patch that did correct the buf in some ways but
not forever.
The tests that I made were run on 3 different computers (1 PC with
Windows XP and 2 Mac itwh Tiger).
For any answer dialog that appears there is some sort of
inconsistency for the 3 first times that the dialog is invoqued: the
prompt won't always show up the same way.
I can reproduce this at any time and for all the answer dialogs (even
those generated by Revolution).

For the specific case that bothers me you can try to use an answer
dialog that has 3 buttons and the default button contains  around 12
chars or more, then the prompt text can be partially invisible
because it  wont get always wrapped.

For exemple if you try that:

answer information "Avant de supprimer une animation, il serait bon
d'en désinscrire les collègues qui y sont inscrits." with "Annuler"
or "Supprimer" or "Désinscrire et  supprimer" as sheet

the first time you invoque that answer dialog you can only read
"Avant de supprimer une animation, il serait bon d'en désinscrire les "

If you'd like to have some screen captures I can send some of them.

I suspected a font corruption first, but version 2.5.1 did not have
that problem and I experience the same on a PC with Windows XP.

Regards,

ÉrIC