Dev Tool Bugs, Assumptions, and a Tiny Bit of Advice

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Tue Jun 21 14:45:38 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer a *crit :

>  or even by asking my
> wife to sit patiently while I go over my code line by line
> (incomprehensible jibberish to her), during the course of which it is
> amazing how many things suddenly crystallize.

if by that you mean that the action of explaining step by step
what you are trying to do to someone else (even someone who
doesn't understand a word) often helps finding the origin of the
problem and/or a solution, I must say that it's a well known fact
in psychology : putting a problem into words for a third party is
a very efficient way to solve it (or at least get closer to the solution)
and I've been practicing it for years (and not only in coding).

JB