New To Rev - Cards And Files?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jun 21 11:26:42 EDT 2005

Hi Scott,

>is it possible to
>use the card files like an ISAM?

I do believe Serendipity Database--Binary (SDB),
<http://wecode.org/serendipity/>, is the closest current example of what
you are looking for.  SDB is a hierarchical database implemented as a
Revolution stack. The search algorithm is binary, not ISAM, but can
retrieve one record out of 43K by key value in <l second on a medium-speed
G4 iMac.  The design includes room for a B-Tree or other ISAM index; but I
get adequate performance from the binary structure and don't plan to pursue
other indexing schemes for the foreseeable future.

SDB is open-source and royalty-free.  The download includes sample
databases and front ends, db utilities, a reference manual, and RAD tools.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company