Color Map Rotation

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jun 21 03:33:55 EDT 2005

I checked but couldn't find the right stuff... Not sure where to go next...
I hope some of you can help...

Im creating some AMAZING moires with my new MoireX 3 stack...

Im so happy, i just found a new magic way of making moires with boxes!
And it's fractal too! :)

I would love to animate it. but with 500-50000 colored boxes in the screen,
i can't tell you how
slow rev gets - even with a 3GHz, Gforce and 752 MBs of ram - pretty fast
Win2K.

Am i pushing the limit yet? I can tell you that yesterday, in the rush to
send my revcontest 10
line script from where this stack originated i had a crash or freeze or
couldn't abort the loops
at all if i didn't put in a safety. The cpu gone 99% to Rev, even windows
stopped responding at
some point...

Anyway, i managed to finish the 1.0 of it all... I love the graphics and i
would like in the least
animate the color map... But... i can't seem to be able to do that in 24 bit
mode - the colormap
is fixed! I can't make rev switch my pc to 8 bit that i know - nor that i
would want to... or? I can
imagine the rest of my screen going color-blind ;)

So, how do you rotate a 24 bit color map?

I i capture a snapshot, will replacing the "colors" work? I doubt it will be
fast enough...

A pre-calculated colorpalette -shift table seems the solution but size and
speed again seem to
be against a smooth implementation and 99% cpu usage...

Any ideas anyone?

I'll announce the stack before noon CET. It's flipping good!

Cheers
Xavier

Thanks in advance
Xavier